Groups of hosting services
A hosting solution entails depositing and/or sharing specific content on a server administered by a web hosting supplier. There are different groups of hosting services used for different purposes, so let's have a glimpse at them. In this way, you can decide what you need, based on whether you'd like to build a site, email accounts, or to share files with pals and partners.
- File hosting: a service made available by particular hosts, which lets you share immense files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived documents, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its only objective is to share files, since it does not support website uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either obtain a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to read a list of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to see .html or .php web page files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file hosting services are often supported by displaying advertisements beside the download links, while a timer obliges you to wait for a particular amount of time to see them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you possess a paid file hosting plan, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no restriction as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
Nowadays, with the help of the cPanel hosting merchants, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more fashionable "cloud hosting". This is a totally inaccurate explanation of the literal denotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting system would allot the tasks at hand between separate bunches of web servers in a cluster, which are committed to serving miscellaneous web page hosting services (electronic mail, disk storage, statistics, DNS, databases, web page hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is simply a type of a disk storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; certain suppliers provide a hosting service for pictures exclusively. This hosting type is good if you want to share a vast quantity of images with pals or associates since the service is generally free of cost. You will get a random link for each image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be utilized for sites.
- E-mail hosting: a service committed to managing your emails. Some suppliers offer site hosting services for websites, but do not provide an e-mail hosting service. If you want to set up an email address with your domain name but do not want to own a website, then the email hosting solution is what you require. You can create email mailbox accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The email hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a given video clip, or you can embed the video file in your website that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of availing of this approach in lieu of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video generates a given amount of CPU load, so with a few video files and several hundred web site viewers, you may have trouble with your web site hosting quotas. Embedding the video file will permit you to have as many videos as you would like without bothering about system resources.
- Web hosting: this is the service that you require if you would like to possess a website. To some degree, it embodies all of the aforesaid hosting categories since, along with your web sites, you can also host pics and files, you can run databases and email address accounts, upload video clips, etc. At Club Pyme, for example, you can have a look at web hosting and dedicated web server hosting accounts that allow you to have all of the abovementioned services in one location. There may be limitations based on the form of hosting service that you've selected - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your hosting package may be better or worse juxtaposed to the typical e-mail/file/video/image hosting plans that are created for particular web content only.